In This Section
Let KOACH enhance your Jewish life calendar with our monthly education packets.
This is just one of the myriad of ways thatKOACH helps augment your on-campus programming. These packets are designed to be adjustable for available time and student background. They can be utilized for lunch and learns, Shabbat learning, round-table conversations, and more. Packets include text sheets (Hebrew, transliteration, and English), background information, session leader materials and other related resources. It is our hope that these materials will encourage conversations about the materials and their relevance to students’ lives.
New packets will be added frequently.
KOACH Shabbat 2010: “It Isn’t Easy Being Green: Building a Jewish Environmental Ethic”
KOACH Shabbat 2009: “Acting Justly: Preserving Human Dignity in Undignified Times”
- Study Guide
- Source Sheets
- Walking with Justice — An Introduction
- Walking with Justice — A View from the Right
- Walking with Justice — A View from the Left
- If you want to learn more…
KOACH Shabbat 2008: “A Seal Upon Your Heart: Love and Romance in the Jewish Tradition”
This study packet, from our 2008 KOACH Shabbat program, offers a Jewish look at relationships.
KOACH Shabbat 2007: “Heksher Tzedek: Kashrut for a new Generation”
Additional Learning Materials
- Understanding and Digesting Themes in Current Jewish Film
- Kabbalat Shabbat Study Guide
- High Holiday Resources from the Ziegler School of Rabbinic Studies
- Who Wrote the Bible?
- Jewish Conflict Resolution
- To be Commanded: A Talmud Challenge to Free Will
- “More Than Words” Defining Kavvanah in Prayer
- If I’m Not for Myself: Self vs. Community in Jewish Tradition
- Awe, Anger and Action: Abraham Joshua Heschel and Jewish Prayer
- Jerusalem: Holy City, Holy Story
- Preparing for Passover: Good Clean Fun
- R-E-S-P-E-C-T: What Does Kavod Mean to Me?
- Requests and Favors: “Hey, God, Could You Do Me a Favor?”
- Intro to Midrash: “Answering Questions, Adding Flourishes”
- Do We Co-Author the Book of Life
- And You Shall Be Holy
- Prayer for the State of Israel
- Pirke Avot – The Ideal Jew
- Halleluyah – Instruments on Shabbat
- Cause us to Lie Down – Hashkiveynu
- Language of the Hebrewman – Is Hebrew Still Relevant?
- Hanukkah – Is Assimilation Really Bad
- Shalom Aleikhem
- Sh’mini Atzeret Study Session: “Stay with me a bit longer”
- Selihot Study Session: The Thirteen Attributes
If you have topic suggestions, comments or if we can be of additional help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.